Art Tudhope 10K
Saturday, Sept 26, 2020 at 9 a.m.
(*Please contact the race director if you’d like to be added to the wait list)
Check to see if you are registered!
Link to 2020 Registered Runners List
RACE DETAILS: Holding an in-person race this year requires some special considerations, and we have made adjustments to assure the safety of racers and volunteers. We hope that you understand and that you can join us for this fun event.
COVID-19 STATEMENT: Please stay home on race day if you are feeling sick, have come into contact with someone who is feeling sick, or if you don’t meet the Vermont State COVID restrictions. Thank you for helping keep our community safe.
- Pre-registration required. Please register online using the link above.
- Online registration will close at midnight on Friday, Sep 25 or when the 75 runner limit is reached.
- There will be NO race day registration this year.
- Race registration will be capped at 75 runners to allow for a mass start.
- We will distribute pre-registered runner bibs with pins attached before the race.
RESTRICTIONS: Open to all runners 12 and older. For runners under the age of 12, the runner must be accompanied by a parent or guardian throughout the race.
ENTRY FEE: $15 Pre-registration (GMAA Members subtract $5)
- Runners and any accompanying family or friends will be required to wear face masks at the start and finish area at all times.
- There will be a single start for all racers as one group. Runners should seed themselves according to expected pace – faster runners in the front, and slower runners towards the back.
- Please maintain social distancing (6’) from other runners at all times and to the best of your ability.
- Racers may remove their masks after making the first turn at the top of the hill onto Bostwick Road at their own discretion.
- Racers need to put their masks back on as soon as they are able after finishing the race.
FOOD/WATER: We will not provide post-race refreshments this year, and there will be no water stops on the course. Please bring whatever food and drinks you need to support yourself before, during, and after the race.
FACILITIES: There will be two porta-potties and handwashing stations set up for your convenience.
AWARDS: Prizes will be awarded to the top male and female finishers overall. Other prizes will be distributed by raffle.
COURSE: Certified (VT13007JK) 10K out and back through Charlotte. This fast course is a mix of dirt and paved roads and has pleasant scenery – apple orchards, views along Lake Champlain, and the covered bridge at the turn around point. The start and finish is at Shelburne beach and proceeds along Bostwick, Orchard, and Lake roads. No water stops this year.
DIRECTIONS: Take route 7 to the traffic light at the top of the hill just south of Shelburne Village. Turn towards the lake onto Bostwick Road. Follow the signs to Shelburne Town Beach.
PARKING: Please be aware of other runners and spectators as you enter and exit the race area.
INFORMATION: Ian McCallum-Cook firstname.lastname@example.org
PAST RACES: Past results, age group records, and pictures located here
NOTE: GMAA/Insurance rules prohibit running with a baby jogger or dog. For safety reasons and as a courtesy to fellow runners, GMAA strongly discourages the use of headphones.
There are no refunds, deferrals or transfers.