4th Annual GMAA
The Hills Are Alive XC 5K
Sunday, Oct 25, 2020 at 10:00 a.m.
Click Here to Register
Check to see if you are registered!
Link to Registered Runners List
RACE RESULTS: 2020 Hills Are Alive XC 5K Results
RACE PHOTOS: Hills Are Alive Photos
RACE DETAILS: Holding an in-person race this year requires some special considerations, and we have made adjustments to ensure the safety of racers and volunteers. We hope that you understand and that you can join us for this fun event!
- Pre-registration required. Please register online using the link above.
- Online registration will close at midnight on Saturday, October 24.
- There will be NO race day registration this year.
- Race registration will be capped at 75 runners to allow for a mass start.
- We will distribute pre-registered runner bibs with pins attached the morning of the race.
RESTRICTIONS: Open to all runners 12 and older. For runners under the age of 12, the runner must be accompanied by a parent or guardian throughout the race.
ENTRY FEE: $15 Pre-registration (GMAA Members subtract $5)
- Runners and any accompanying family or friends will be required to wear face masks at the start and finish area at all times.
- There will be a single start for all racers as one group. Runners should seed themselves according to expected pace – faster runners in the front, and slower runners towards the back.
- Runners are expected to wear a face mask during the start of the race. Runners may remove masks on the course when they are able to maintain appropriate distance (at least 6 feet) from other runners. Please wear your mask when passing other runners or just wait until you are able to pass with at least a 6′ radius.
- Runners are expected to put their masks back on as they enter the finishing area.
FOOD/WATER: We will not provide post-race refreshments this year, and there will be no water stops on the course. Please bring whatever food and drinks you need to support yourself before, during, and after the race.
FACILITIES: There will be two porta-potties and handwashing stations set up for your convenience.
AWARDS: Prizes will be awarded to the top male and female finishers overall. Other prizes will be distributed by raffle.
COURSE: New Location! This year the race will take place at Arrowhead Golf Course in Milton VT on the Laura’s Tears trail.
DIRECTIONS: The Arrowhead Golf Course is located at 350 Murray Avenue in Milton, VT. Take Route 89 North to exit 18. Turn right onto US-7 South, and turn right onto Ballard Rd/Georgia Manor Rd. Turn left onto Old Stage Road, and continue onto Manley Road. Turn right onto Murray Avenue, and Arrowhead will be 1.7 miles down on the left.
PARKING: Please be aware of other runners and spectators as you enter and exit the race area.
COVID-19 STATEMENT: Please stay home on race day if you are feeling sick, have come into contact with someone who is feeling sick, or if you don’t meet the Vermont State COVID-19 restrictions. Thank you for helping keep our community safe.
In order to participate, participants will be given a verbal checklist on race day based on the guidelines & recommendations from the Vermont Department of Health. This will include self-assessment based on the 14 day window leading up to the race, including the following questions:
- Have come into close contact with an individual who has tested positive for COVID-19?
- Have travelled outside of Vermont or a county subject to travel restrictions within the last 14 days?
- Have you exhibited any of the following symptoms? Fever (100.4 °F or greater) or chills; cough; shortness of breath or difficulty breathing; fatigue; muscle or body aches; headache; new loss of taste or smell; sore throat; congestion or runny nose; nausea or vomiting; diarrhea.If you answered YES to any of these, please do not come to the event on race day.
INFORMATION: Laura Ryan at firstname.lastname@example.org
NOTE: GMAA/Insurance rules prohibit running with a baby jogger or dog. For safety reasons and as a courtesy to fellow runners, GMAA strongly discourages the use of headphones.