After a few years of being lost on the calendar the race formerly known as the Equinox Trail Run was renamed the Solstice Trail Run, and not to disappoint, was also moved to the Fall Equinox under its original name. The best of both worlds! Are you confused yet? So it was that the 1st Annual, GMAA Solstice Trail Run 5k & 10k races were held on a beautiful summer day along the fields, single track and old sugar-wood roads of the Keenan Family’s homestead in Charlotte, Vermont. As usual, the race brought out a full range of participants, from kids to grandparents, gnarly veterans to newbies, and everyone in between. In fact, the first finisher overall in the 5k was 16 year old Avery Smart of Montpelier with a sizable lead over the next across the line. The traditional firing up of the bbq and post-race potluck had to wait until the fall edition of the race, due to ongoing COVID-19 precautions, but everyone still left with a smile after a fun and challenging run.
- $5 off GMAA races!
- 15% off at SkiRack!
Contact us: GMAA
Mail: PO Box 194, Essex Jct, VT 05453-0194
- May 1 – Pump it up 5 Miler!
- June 20 – Solstice Trail Race
- July 4 – Clarence DeMar
- July 24 – Round Church Women’s Run
- September 19 – Fall Equinox Trail Race
- September 25 – Apple Harvest 10K
- October 17 – Green Mountain Marathon & Half Marathon
- October 31 – The Hills Are Alive XC 5k
- November 25 – Turkey Trot 5K
Sunday Group Runs – ON HOLD
Thursday Group Workouts – ON HOLD