A dedicated group attended the USATF-NH 10 mile championship around Lake Massabesic in Auburn, NH over the weekend. Thanks goes to everyone’s alarm clocks for going off reliably so we could pile into the team vans for an on time departure at the 4:00am hour. At least the early start meant we were all back home by early afternoon to enjoy the rest of the day basking in a nice sense of accomplishment!
With lots of our team members stepping across age groups to score for the club in multiple categories, we managed to leave our mark with:
- 1st place in the men’s 70+ Team – with a 1st, 2nd, 4th by Gordon MacFarland, Allan Bates, and Chuck Arnold.
- This same trio doubled up to place 4th in the 60+ team category.
- Our Men’s 50+ team also placed 4th (Binney Mitchell, Allen Mead, Matt Gallagher, Mike Early, and… Gordon again!)
- 5th place Master’s Women (Anne Treadwell, Liz Champagne, Tracy Benedict)
- 6th place Master’s Men (Binney, Allen, Tim Richmond, Matt, Mike)
- 7th 50+ Women (Anne, Liz, Rose)
- 9th Open Women (Kasie Enman, Anne, Liz, Tracy, Rose)
- 10th Open Men, led by Silas Talbot with the fastest GMAA time of the day – 55:56 (plus Charlie Schaefer, Binney, Allen, Tim)
Comprehensive Race Recap from USATF: